I'm a title. Click here to edit me
The Aguabonita Flyfishers Club is a non-profit, all volunteer organization that was founded in January of 1979. At that time, we started with 41 charter members.
Today, the club boast well over 100 members with several residing in other states and even as far away as the UK. We consider ourselves a very active club with many of our members participating in various educational and conservation outreach programs both locally and regionally.
We partner with several school districts by providing Trout In The Classroom (TIC) In-service Training for teachers. We then follow up by providing 20gal. fish tanks, chillers and related equipment to each classroom. At the proper time, we deliver trout eggs to each classroom and place them into the properly, regulated tanks for further growth and observation by the students and teachers. We then assist the teachers on field trips to insure that the trout frey are released properly.
Club members also participate with state and federal government agencies such as the California Department of Fish & Wildlife (CDFW), US Forest Service, and Bureau of Land Management on projects to protect and enhance our fisheries, waters, and watersheds.
The Goals of the Club
- Improve and increase the sport of fly fishing
- Promote and work for the betterment of fishing waters
- Provide assistance to club members to help them become more effective flyfishers and to promote the fellowship of the membership
- Encourage and assist others to become flyfishers and true sportsmen
- Encourage and advocate conservation of fishes, waters, and watershed
Wikipedia - Public Domain Image
Our Club name represents the scientific name of the Volcano Creek Golden Trout.